Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Acceptance

I really crave feeling accepted right now.  Before, I've always been incredibly self-assured.  I was always comfortable with my abilities and my limitations, and didn't need reassurance from anyone else to increase my self-confidence.

Since I'm fairly comfortable with myself right now (without even knowing exactly how to classify myself), the other thing I desire is my wife's acceptance.  She's trying, but this is a bit out of her comfort zone.  I don't normally need other people's approval (even hers), but I do with this.  I think it's from fear that her lack of acceptance will lead to her distancing herself from me.

I think she's progressing well, but it doesn't stop me from worrying.  And it doesn't stop me from feeling an overwhelming need for acceptance and approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment